Creation Room at SPACE
1st Floor, SPACE, 6 West Street, Old Market, BS2 0BH
Creation Room is located above SPACE in Old Market.
Our multipurpose room above SPACE is ready for you to create, make and initiate ideas this a place that creatives are welcomed to produce, rehearse and meet. At SPACE we hope to match at least one of our activity objectives that include: sound, performance, art, community and engagement. Whichever is your specialised medium the Creation Space can be used as a base to enlarge your idea/project. Previous users of the creation space have used the room for:
- Co working space
- Meeting room
- Theatre & Immersive performance space
- Workshop & seminar space
- Launch Events
- Quiet space for writing scripts, applications and proposals
What we can offer:
- a platform to share your work through our contacts lists and social media pages,
- promotion of any public events and activities ,
- artists surgeries support.
Creation Room details
- Max capacity: 30 maximum
- Dimensions: 3.8 m x 5.3 m
- High speed Wifi access
- Side room with a sink and tea making facilities
- Ground floor toilets
- Chairs and tables available when required
- The room is naturally well lit and is highly flexible to the requirements of the user.
Rates of hire
Per hour: £10
Day (over 5 hours): £100
Weekend rate: £200
One week: £250
We offer a 25 % discount for charity & student groups
To book please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Creation Room is based in SPACE (Sound-Performance-Art-Community-Engagement) , which is a satellite project of The Island and a joint project with Trinity Community Arts. The Island is a self-funded multi use art space based in the old Bridewell Police Station, conveniently situated in the heart of the Bristol city centre.
Video by Tom Marshman working in our Creation Room at SPACE.
Kings Cross (Remix) – working title – uncovers the hidden histories of LGBT communities in London during the 1980s through memories of the Kings Cross area: an area that has undergone radical change since its days as a hub of LGBT communities, bars and culture.