Vacancy: Artspace Lifespace Marketing Coordinator
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: From NJC3 £18,065 (£9.36) to NJC5 £ £18,795 (£9.72ph) pro-rata depending on experience.
Place of Work: The Island, Old Bridewell Police Station Bristol BS1 2LE and across other projects as required.
Reporting to: Company Manager and Island Centre Manager.
How to apply: Please complete all sections of the form and e-mail email@example.com with a copy of your CV. You are welcome to submit your application via video if preferred.
Deadline: 6th October. Shortlisted applications will be contacted on 7th October. Interviews will be held on Thursday 10th October.
Start Date: ASAP
The Marketing Coordinator will work as part of ASLS’s team to enhance and develop the public profile, awareness and understanding of the different venues we operate. The role of Marketing Co-ordinator is a fantastic opportunity to communicate the excitement of shows, artwork, classes and events curated, organised and hosted across the Artspace Lifespace projects. The position would suit someone who is interested in the arts & events marketing and keen to gain hands-on experience within a small but ambitious charity.
We are looking for an artistic, creative individual to work with the Project Managers and Inclusion Officer, conceiving innovative ways to reach and develop audiences. A creative individual who can manage social media channels, update website listings and create e-newsletters. You will be confident at liaising with a variety of people via email, phone or in person and have the ability to be self-managing as well as work within a small team.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of writing engaging copy for social media and using eye-catching imagery. The successful candidate will need to be an excellent communicator and use own initiative to drive the marketing strategy of our small charity forward. You may also be required to attend events in the evenings or at weekends as required so flexibility in approach is important.
- Scheduling social media posts
- Collating info from project managers and sending monthly newsletter via mailchimp
- Working closely with the bookings manager on marketing strategy for the Island generally and for special events such as Doors Open Day / Open Studios
- Attending events and art shows and writing reviews.
- Creating PR material and responding to media enquiries
- Working closely with our website developer in supporting the delivery of our new website and manage website content.
- Assisting the Company Manager in the preparation of an annual budget for marketing activity.
- Preparing quarterly reports and analytics on the organisations activities.
- To undertake the day-to-day supervision of the marketing intern within the department.
Qualities / Skills required:
- An enthusiasm for the work of Artspace Lifespace and contemporary culture
- The ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as working within and contributing to a team,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with colleagues and with audiences, donors and participants,
- The ability to prioritise workload, be flexible and reliably complete tasks to tight deadlines
- Good copy writing skills and ability to adapt tone for posts across social media channels
- WordPress content management experience
- A working knowledge of digital tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, and an awareness of their strengths / weaknesses
- Artistic flair and an eye for design, film and photography
- Meticulous attention to detail
How to Apply:
Please complete all sections of the ASLS Marketing Coordinator Application Form 2019 and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV. You are welcome to submit your application via video if preferred.
Vacancy: Artspace Lifespace Trustees
We are now seeking new trustees who can help to facilitate the charity moving forward.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of heritage buildings
- Business development
- Managing exhibition and performance spaces
- Working with a wide variety of artists and nurturing their ambitions,
- Visual Arts
- We particularly welcome applications from female, BAME and applicants with disabilities as these are underrepresented within our organisation at present.
The Role of Trustees
Trustees take ultimate responsibility for the work that the organisation does, and the way in which it spends money raised by the charity through income and donations to achieve its aims. The Trustee’s are responsible for the strategic direction of the organisation, agreeing plans and budgets, and holding the Company Manager to account for the delivery of the plans.
It has a legal dimension too, with Trustees legally responsible for ensuring that the organisation operates to standards set by parliament and the Charity Commission.
The full board meets every two months; there may be other company meetings, the project leads meet quarterly which you are welcome to attend or meeting at other intervals; and staff may seek to consult with you on your particular expertise. You may be asked to represent Artspace Lifespace at outside meetings, attend our project launches or key events such as Doors Open Day or work alongside staff at events and receptions. The time commitment to the charity is approximately 90 hours per annum.
With other Trustees to hold Artspace Lifespace ‘in trust’ by
- Ensuring that Artspace Lifespace has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction, and is focused on achieving these
- Ensuring that Artspace Lifespace complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Acting as guardians of our assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- Ensuring that Artspace Lifespace governance and performance is of the highest possible standard
- To work in partnership with other trustees, the Company Manager and other senior staff
- To agree the vision, mission and strategic plan for the charity
- To ensure that the operational plan and budget reflect the agreed strategic direction and are appropriate
- To agree the measures for objectively monitoring the progress of the charity towards its strategic goals
- To monitor the achievement of Artspace Lifespace against the key measures from the operational plan and budget
- To hold the Company Manager accountable for the achievement of the organisations goals, and provide them with regular, constructive feedback on both management and overall achievement
- To agree the charity policies and ensure that they will assist in the achievement of the strategic and operational plans
- To ensure that the charity has satisfactory financial control systems and procedures, and to review the level of risk annually
- To safeguard the charity’s reputation and other intangible assets
- To reflect annually on the Board’s performance and your own performance as a trustee and participate in the AGM.
- To participate in an annual strategic planning workshop
- To attend trustee meetings (every two months), read relevant papers and be prepared to make a contribution
- To support the staff when requested, sharing expertise, as a member of a working group or in other appropriate ways
- To be prepared to act as a spokesperson for Artspace Lifespace when asked by the Company Manager, and to work within an agreed brief
- To attend events as an ambassador for Artspace Lifespace, to network and promote the work of the organisation
- To assist with fundraising by speaking, networking and otherwise seeking donations in conjunction with staff and volunteers as appropriate
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience are relevant to the role, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information. Email: Kathryn@artspacelifespace.com
Or phone 07828 949387 for an informal chat to find out more (Mon-Wed only)
Post: DUTY MANAGER
Reports to: Centre Manager
Start date: Early August 2019
Hours of Work: 7pm – 10pm. 3 or 4 nights per fortnight on rotation with other staff members. Includes weekend work, additional hours as required, flexibility important.
Location: The Island, Nelson street, Bristol, BS1 2LE
Type of Contract: Zero hours
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
To set up and maintain all facilities for bookings and offer excellent customer service to all space users.
- Maintaining the general cleanliness of the site.
- Provide support to people using the building in the evening, report to the Centre Manager with any issues.
- Ensuring rooms are prepared and presentable for use.
- Removing all rubbish and recycling to the designated bins.
- Noting repair and maintenance requirements.
- Ordering cleaning supplies.
- Closing main doors, securing site, and locking up spaces at the end of final classes.
- Out of hours keyholder and second point of contact in emergencies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Health & Safety basic knowledge
- Basic understanding of building maintenance requirements
- Confidence in communicating with external contractors
- The ability to work within a team
- Relate well to others and maintain professional relationships
- Key Holding experience
- Cleaning Experience
- Ordering of materials and stock control
- The ability to formulate and follow a planned maintenance programme
- Use of Google calendar essential, ability to organise own workload
- First Aid qualification
- Fire Warden experience
All staff are required to work within The Island’s equal opportunity policy.
This job description is not comprehensive, and duties may change and develop according to future requirements.
To Apply: please send your CV to email@example.com
About the Organisation:
Artspace Lifespace is a Registered Charity (No: 1168150) that recycles vacant, under-used and problem properties into thriving creative resources. We work in partnership with artists, building owners, property developers, local communities and organisations to secure and re-cycle interesting, unusual and often difficult buildings as vibrant multi-use art venues. We also act as an advisory body for artists and groups interested in taking on empty properties and turning them into creative hubs.
ASLS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. The successful job candidate will be chosen by merit, not because they have a protected characteristic however we particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our organisation.