- This event has passed.
VeraFlow with Emily Fry
September 2 @ 7:30 am - 8:20 am
VeraFlow is a dance and stretch class. Stretching is an often-overlooked aspect of fitness, but it can be done in a fun and active way, relieving stress and tension across the whole body!
Allow yourself the time to relax, whilst improving your balance and flexibility through uplifting choreography to expressive music.
Class also ends with a mindfulness section, an increasingly popular technique for de-stressing and setting the mind at ease. Whilst the class is not strictly a yoga programme, it brings some common benefits and is ideal for those looking for a way to begin their flexibility journey.
Give it a try, the feeling it gives you can’t be described!
Level: You don’t need to be flexible; we do this to become more flexible and
everyone starts somewhere. No dance experience or ability necessary – it’s all about the feeling dance gives you!
**PLEASE NOTE: you will need to bring an exercise mat (or a towel/blanket) for your
comfort, some water, and it is recommended that layers are worn for the cooldown**
Thick jumpers and/or blankets are necessary for the mindfulness section.
You can wear anything comfortable that you can move freely in (stretchy bottoms!) and usually class is done barefoot or in socks, if you are comfortable you won’t slip.
Class is led by Emily Fry, a fitness instructor for 10 years with a broad dance background,
training in a variety of fitness programmes to date, and a choreographer for the VeraFlow Programme.
£5 per class.
Or book via moveGB: https://www.movegb.com/move-bristol/emily-fry-fitness-the-island
Classes are available ‘for free’ on most MoveGB plans.
Booking is necessary, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Fitness with Emily fry: https://m.facebook.com/FitnesswithEmilyFry/
Instagram: @emily.fry.fitness #VeraFlowBristol
Rest assured, your safety remains our priority. We have put in place a number of guidelines to make sure you can get back to enjoying our brilliant space:
- 2m social distancing is in place for all classes.
- There will be at least an hour break between each class for cleaning and ensuring no crossover between classes.
- Everyone will need to arrive and leave in suitable clothing for the class.
- Booking and paying will take place before the class (no drop-ins)
- We have extra sanitising and cleaning facilities throughout the building, including hand sanitiser points.
- And of course, if you show any symptoms, for your safety and for others, please cancel your booking and do not enter the building.